Monday, July 29, 2013

The past 3 months.....

hhhhmmmmmm....... What can I say about the last 3 months, Busy, Busy, Busy. It all started when my baseball son came home and said hes done playing baseball, he now wants to play football. Having never played football I was a little shocked but ok if that's what you want to do, so all of a sudden 3hour practices everyday, in the heat, oh yea did I mention all the way through summer. He is finally in the grove and keeps up very well and the season starts soon, so all in all its a good thing. oh yea did I mention again his days will be 12 hours long when school starts tomorrow with 1.5 hours of weight lifting  before school and the 3 hour practices after school. Ok enough about that.

Our summer vacation was a car trip with 6 people in my mini van to Canada and Glacier Park and Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons what beautiful country that it, but a lot of time in the car, in fact I think for 2 weeks we were in the car which did not help Kevin when we got back. In football practice he was just a little stiff but what an awesome time we had with my sister and her family, Thanks guys.

Ok I did manage to get some crafting done. I got this gi-normas box of flowers at a garage sale for 5 bucks, not sure what I'm going to do with all of them but I'm sure I'll figure out something.
 I did manage to make this door wreath for the summer with all garage sale things for a cost of about 5 dollars.
 This is my newest obsession, making alcohol spray out of sharpie pens, do you have any idea how many colors they come in and I think I've done them all, and on top of that I bought most of the sharpies at a garage sale. Now I don't buy colored flowers I just buy white and make them my own colors.
 I've also made a few necklaces one with a picture of my grand babies and one with a piece of decorative paper, I was really surprised how easy this is.

 And finally alcohol inked ceramic coasters, these are beautiful and the pictures do not do them justice, I will most definitely be making more of these.

Well that's my summer in a nutshell. I'm really sorry that I have not been keeping up with my blog and hope to do better when school starts and I have a ton of time on my hands. I'm thinking about entering the design team call for Pazzles (the greatest machine in the world) to keep me from going stir crazy but I'm not sure yet.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Auntie Marg

No comments: