Thursday, February 7, 2013

Embossed Foil Tape Flowers

This is dryer vent tape or duct repair tape, not to be confused with duct tape they are two different things what I used was shinny thin foil type tape, it has a sticky back and you can get it at your local hardware store. I took it and stuck it to just white cardstock then I cut out My Creative Times 3 flower die, I then ran the flowers through my big kick using the sizzix Holly Swirls embossing folder. I then used alchol ink to add some color and shapped the flowers, glued them together and added a pearl which I also colored with alchol ink, I think they are pretty awesome.


Here are a couple of projects I did with these awesome flowers. First a tag and it was done the same way as the flowers with the repair tape and cut with Emmas tag die. While i was coloring the tag I used the leftover ink on my pad to color a 4 inch doilie to give everything a tone on tone effect.

Here I used an incert for a frame with Tim Holtz distress stain another doilie cut in quarters and several different flowers to make a wall hanging of my grandaughter.

Here is a close-up of the flower


Let me know what you think I really enjoy feed back. If the flower is something you want to learn I can do a video just let me know.

12 comments:

Cassandra said...

Holy Cow are those cool!!!! I love learning something new!! How fun! GREAT JOB! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer's Challenge. :)

Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL job with your pretty flowers and projects!they are AMAZING,Thanks for joining us at My Creative Time/Designer's Challenge!!!:)

Michelle said...

Hi Marg,

these are lovely flowers, I love your technique with the tape. The frame is stunning and what a beautiful baby, :-)

Hugs Michelle xx

Lady Fair said...

Oh my goodness, you are one clever crafter! Your flowers are beautiful -- and I would love to see a video. Thanks for sharing!

L.B. said...

what fun fun flowers. so cool

Anonymous said...

love your flowers and the technique please do a video

liz at liz's paper loft said...

wow, these are stunning! thanks for playing with us at My Creative Time's Designer Challenge!
liz

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

WHOA! Very cool! Thanks so much for playing along with us at MyCreativeTime!!!

Nikki

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Hi Marg
Those flowers are so cool!! How fun!

VICTORIA said...

Beautiful I love your project and gl in the challenge!!! :)

Chris said...

Hi Marg, these are so beautiful. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Glora said...

How AWESOME!!!! I love these and have never seen anything quite like this before. Thanks so much for sharing! Hugs- Glora